Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does MS "Burn Out for groups of aging patients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
    Hi again,
    Sorry if i'm being anal

But the comments i made earlier and similar to what others have said in other threads seems worryingly to be getting brushed aside IE:

Most comments are still focused on lesions and relapses as a reason to stop dmt's.
    I don't believe ms ever 'GOES AWAY' it changes the manner of presentation.

It scares me to think that others may get this impression from reading these posts.
    It is fine if one has decided on any particular course of action - as long as it is based on current info.
    And lession load and relapses is no longer considered a reliable indicator of progression
    JMHO,
    All the best,
    Caroline
    This is exactly why I never know what to make of my "unchanged" MRI! The disability score has never knocked my socks off, either. Better monitoring tools are in production, but I may be 6 feet under by the time they're up and running!
    Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
      Hahaha! And eggs are good again too? And a bit of alcohol? Some sunshine without sunscreen from head to toe?..Uhhh...jury is still out on that one. And that red dye # something turned out to be false alarm.

I remember when chemo. was almost as deadly (or maybe even deadlier) than the original cancer. Surely, there has been some huge improvements with most medical treatments since I was a youngin'.

You can't live fearing EVERYTHING!
      Anyone who attempts to separate this woman from her daily Bud Light Lime better hope they can live life with just one arm! I've given up a lot for MS, but the buck stops at Bud Light Lime!

Comment

AND CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

Comment

Went off the dMT

I had this conversation with my neurologist a while ago. I'm 55, my clinical relapses are 10 years apart, and I am not very limited with my MS--I work, I run, and my fatigue isn't too disruptive. I've also been on a weak DMT since diagnosis 5 years ago with no new or active lesions.

My neuro didn't advise me to go off my drug, but I did. That said, at my most recent visit, he didn't seem terribly upset by the news. Didn't lecture me. Instead he said, "There are some people who I wouldn't let out of the room until they got back on their DMT. But you're not one of them."

I am concerned about brain atrophy, and I'm going to try some different measures to preserve brain volume. But I don't think there's much credible evidence that the drug I was on helped with neural degeneration.

Anyway, I could be wrong. If I start having disease activity again, I'll come back here and shout it as a warning from the top of every thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mable View Post
            I had this conversation with my neurologist a while ago. I'm 55, my clinical relapses are 10 years apart, and I am not very limited with my MS--I work, I run, and my fatigue isn't too disruptive. I've also been on a weak DMT since diagnosis 5 years ago with no new or active lesions.

My neuro didn't advise me to go off my drug, but I did. That said, at my most recent visit, he didn't seem terribly upset by the news. Didn't lecture me. Instead he said, "There are some people who I wouldn't let out of the room until they got back on their DMT. But you're not one of them."

I am concerned about brain atrophy, and I'm going to try some different measures to preserve brain volume. But I don't think there's much credible evidence that the drug I was on helped with neural degeneration.

Anyway, I could be wrong. If I start having disease activity again, I'll come back here and shout it as a warning from the top of every thread.
            Take a look at Alpha Lipoic Acid for brain volume. It has shown some good results and is recommended by the RMMSCenter in Colorado.

Comment

Working...
            X