Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The craziest thing. Probably not MS related.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The craziest thing. Probably not MS related.

This will sound so strange to you. The last week I have been trying to sneeze. I get the feeling, but it just doesn't happen. My diaphragm feels kind of tight. If I don't stand or sit up really straight... no sneeze release. It's not like when you go ahh, ahh, ahh and breath in to get ready to blow. It just doesn't get past the first feeling like I have to sneeze. I really think it's something to do with my posture, but thought I'd ask.

You may laugh out loud now!!
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

look at a bright light...

Well, if it is MS, I have personally had this same thing happen to me since childhood. I do not think it is an uncommon event. Here in CT, everything is blooming and if you have allergies, the urge to sneeze is big.

As kids, my brother told me to look into the sun if I "lost" my sneeze, or if the sun was not available, a bright light. It sounds like an urban legend (I don't want to say "old wives' tale", as that is not PC), or a placebo type of deal, but it always worked for me. Of course, my big brother could do no wrong in my eyes (he was the first one to tell me Santa was a phony!).

Take this advice FWIW. It is an irritating feeling you describe and I can relate...n
    Tawanda

Comment

Allergy related for me. Know the feeling too.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I wonder if this isMS related. When my husband and I were first married years and years ago, he would laugh at me when I would try and try to sneeze but
        no sneeze came.

Now that you mention it, I realize I stopped sneezing about 30 years ago and I have plenty of allergies. Don't even have the impulse. Funny~

Comment

Just to let you know I am sneezing again. Hurray. I love to sneeze. I think it had something to do with the way I was trying to sit up. My diaphragm felt tight for days so I presume I was having some HUG at the time.
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Good for you, Marti! I can't stand that feeling!
            Tawanda

Comment

Working...
            X