Health care rip off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health care rip off

Well, that was fun, not. It's 39 degrees here in sunny Goondi. Bear that in mind, as I continue...

My doctor told me that as a chronic disease sufferer, I could have five free visits to a podiatrist, a therapist, a dietician etc.

Sounds fair enough, I thought.

Thanks to feet swolllen to elephantine proportions (heat) how about a trip to the podiatrist? Manky toenails.

It's free, after all.

Ah ha! Hot as Hades - office had the delightful 100 yard wheelie-walker ramp. Five step stairs adjacent.

Sun beating down. Staggered in, sweat pouring. Anyone open a door? Nah.

Could I possibly have a glass of water, please? Ignored me,

Foot man said, "Oh, it is not so hot today", clippped my toenails, and charged me $80.

When I said, "I thought it was free", he said my health insurance did not cover it.

I drank out of the hand-washing tap in his office like a dog, while he messed about with my credit card.

Lurched out, hoiked my wheelie walker back into the car and made it home.

No-one offered to help, or even to open a door.

There is going to be trouble tomorrow. Hoo-yeah.

And if I don't get my DSP soon (it's been SIX months), I am going to the Centrelink(social security) office on my scooter (which I paid for out of my pathetic redundancy) and I'm going to sit there blowing the horn until something is done.

I may be on YouTube.

! Nice

You have documented 'a day in the life of an MS sufferer', quite well, Think ! Nice work! I will look for your submission to YouTube !
    About 8 years ago, when my MS journey began, I was approached by a friend who wanted me to 'star' in a 'day in the life' style documentary. I declined ! You have summarized, somewhat humorously, what are daily happenings for many MSers! Thanks for the comical tone/approach. Good luck

Comment

My doctor told me that as a chronic disease sufferer, I could have five free visits to a podiatrist, a therapist, a dietician etc.
      Think - I'd go back to the Dr and have him verify this. (or make him pay)
      I had to convert your 39 degrees to fahrenheit = 102.2! OMG - I'd never make it.

Your post is comical, but in hindsight surely it was a trip to hell and back. So sorry and hope you stay inside where it's cooler now.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Ugh. They owe you a fancy pedicure.

Comment

80.00 to clip your toenails, good grief. 102 degrees, I know you were so miserable.

I will be tuning into YouTube too.

Hope you have a better wk.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

UGH ang YUK
            for $80 you could have had a snappy pedicure & leg massage with a tall glass of lemonade.
            sheesh

feel better
            "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
            Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Hi,
              Yeah hasn't the weather been lovely? At least it is on the UKTV shows nice cool, green country side with everyone going outside for walks ahhhh

I think your gp has to refer you to the free x 5 visits for the service you need. And i believe it may have to be a service provided by public health system not a private clinic/service. As i said not sure - but is something to check up on when you see him next.

Hope it cools down soon. Maybe we should get out an do a rain dance

Comment

Originally posted by TinaP303 View Post
                UGH ang YUK
                for $80 you could have had a snappy pedicure & leg massage with a tall glass of lemonade.
                sheesh

feel better
                My thoughts exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
                  Hi,
                  Yeah hasn't the weather been lovely? At least it is on the UKTV shows nice cool, green country side with everyone going outside for walks ahhhh

I think your gp has to refer you to the free x 5 visits for the service you need. And i believe it may have to be a service provided by public health system not a private clinic/service. As i said not sure - but is something to check up on when you see him next.

Hope it cools down soon. Maybe we should get out an do a rain dance
                  Rang the doctor today. He apologised. (I did have a referral.) Said it wouldn't happen again.

He's not wrong there.

I also love UKTV, and BBC First. It's so green and it's always raining.
                  And even when it's not raining no-one looks sweaty. ☔️☔️☔️ - here's hoping.

Comment

Working...
                  X