Dysphagia Section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dysphagia Section?

Hi - I can't remember if there was a separate section specifically for swallowing issues. Was there a motor function section? I have the most annoying sensation of something in my throat. I was eating tiny shells with corn. So I drank a cup of hot water, ate some bread, snorted? some nasal spray. I can't imagine anything there but I think I feel it. Really annoying. Has anyone had this sensation and it wasn't anything?

Unfortunately I have the memory of eating those red hots once and I felt it was still somewhere in my throat and I eventually laughed (I think) and it flew out of my nose. And now you can't unread that. Really sorry.

Thanks

Hi Sardi - we did have a Dysphagia(swallowing) & Dysarthria(speech) sub forum in the Symptom Forum, but based on people's suggestions that there were too many sub forums there, we removed it and now all of the threads are integrated into the main Symptom forum. If you do a search for dysphagia, there will be a few to read over.

There is also a sticky thread in the Symptom forum about speech and swallowing http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...owing-problems

Hope this helps you!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by sardi_g View Post
      Hi - I can't remember if there was a separate section specifically for swallowing issues. Was there a motor function section? I have the most annoying sensation of something in my throat. I was eating tiny shells with corn. So I drank a cup of hot water, ate some bread, snorted? some nasal spray. I can't imagine anything there but I think I feel it. Really annoying. Has anyone had this sensation and it wasn't anything?

Unfortunately I have the memory of eating those red hots once and I felt it was still somewhere in my throat and I eventually laughed (I think) and it flew out of my nose. And now you can't unread that. Really sorry.

Thanks
      I have had the same feeling for over a year now. I thought it was a popcorn kernel but the doctor said nothing was there so I figured it was just another crazy MS thing. I'm getting used to it now.

Comment

You might have GORD - gastro-oesophagul reflux disorder.

Mylanta and antihistamines apparently work.

Of course, I am not a doctor. 😏

Comment

Thank you Seasha.

jeannef1 - I wish I had something to say. But I'll say my stock answer which only gets more true everyday - "Tough Cookie!"

TIJ - I took some benedryl and some seroquel and slept and woke up symptom free... besides a little heartburn. go figure. also I saw what you did there. ;-) or maybe I saw something in nothing I get phosphenes.

Take care all!

Comment

Working...
          X