Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A wandering mind..

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone else thinks about weird things in the middle of the night when you can't sleep?

Last night instead of being concerned about my future, paying bills, or terrorism in the world, or the flooding in Louisiana, or our current torando warnings, my mind wandered to dogs and cats. I was thinking both dogs and cats can get many human diseases, right?

Diseases like, diabetes, thyroid problems, arthritis, cancer, cataracts, etc. So can they get MS? If not, why not?

Can't say I remember ever hearing about a pet with MS, but then again, in my small town world maybe it just isn't known.

Of course then I started thinking maybe I am slipping into senility. Or maybe some of my meds are warping my mind. I mean, who thinks of such weird things? There are so many more pressing things that could be keeping me awake.

Am I loosing my mind or do others have distracting and weird thoughts? Is it our meds, our lesions, or just a self protection technique to keep us from worrying ourselves sick about real issues?

Geezelouise! I need to quit stressing about NOT stressing about real problems!
    Echo
    DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

I don't think a wandering mind is a symptom of disease. I think it's just a part of being human.

Aside from that, animals can certainly have autoimmune diseases so why not MS?

This is interesting: http://m.phys.org/news/2009-08-multi...d-animals.html

and http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites...g-disease.aspx

Comment

jamilea

Thanks for the reply. The links you provided are interesting, guess I should research it a bit more.

Thanks!
      Echo

Comment

It's funny but I often say to my kids "don't feel the pets human food or they'll get human diseases". Interestingly, if my dog gets into our food scraps and there's gluten containing products in it (ie bread) he absolutely reeks. Keep him on proper dog food and he has no smell at all. So you never know

Comment

Poppy

I love your saying, and I think you are probably right! I have friends that always feed their dogs human food, and the dogs have a lot of allergies and skin problems,as well as digestive issues.

Like you said..."who knows?"
          Echo

Comment

Working...
          X