Hairloss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hairloss

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this.. so I was on Avonex for 3 years then about 6 months ago my hair was falling out in big patches. Lost about 50%. I talked to my neuro,came off the med for 3 months. Saw a dermatologist who told me it was the avonex. I've been using Rogaine and almost all my hair has started growing back. Now I need to start another med that hairloss is not a side effect but I cannot find one? Anyone else have this??

Hi NLay,

Unfortunately the treatments for MS usually list hair loss as a possible side effect Some will have this side effect and some won't.

Besides using Rogaine you can also try Biotin supplements and Dermatologist will also recommend Nioxin hair care products for hair regrowth. http://www.nioxin.com/en-US
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

My hair came out on an oral medication, but not on Avonex. I have fine hair to start with and I am heading into menapause any second which also thins hair.

This hair loss is one side-effect is one that bothers me a lot. I always hated my hair and to think it could get even worse??? Yup!
      Tawanda

Comment

My hair had started coming out - a LOT!. It was long at the time and clogging up the drains on a weekly basis .
        Since it is a listed side effect of the DMD I was taking at the time I complained to my MS Neuro about it. She suggested OCT Biotin and Folic Acid.
        Not sure what to give credit to, All I can tell you is that I started taking 10,000 mcg Biotin and 400 mcg Folic acid twice a day, and had my hair cut short, and have no more problems with the drains .

Comment

I´m on gilenya and was having wads of hair each AM in the shower. Started taking niacinamide- I think it is B3 (or B6) and the improvement was drastic and quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Temagami View Post
            I´m on gilenya and was having wads of hair each AM in the shower. Started taking niacinamide- I think it is B3 (or B6) and the improvement was drastic and quick.
            Niacinamide? What dosage? That's one my haidresser left out (Biotin was her suggestion along with a chin-length bob).
            Tawanda

Comment

Working...
            X