MRI denials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI denials

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with this. Our son is supposed to get a MRI each year to keep track of his progression but when I called the MRI we usually go to in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. they told me he cannot come back there anymore.....the reason is that he owes money. the co pay on his insurance is over 1200. and he didn't meet it yet. I was shocked. I called his euro and they told me that is the only place they send their patients to. I am in shock that he is being denied his MRI. My husband and I are both returned and we pay the Imaging Center only $10.00 each month and your three years they were satisfied that we were paying something....What should I do

He will probably need to pay his bill or attempt to negotiate a deal if you want to continue care with that business. Your imaging center might be accepting the $10 a month but I'd guess they are in no way satisfied with it.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Annual MRI not necessary

In the opinion of my neurologist an annual MRI is not necessary.

Comment

Annual MRI not always necessary

My neurologist says the same thing -- no real need to get an MRI more than once every two to three years, unless there is a obvious and steady decline, not just a flare.
        There is not always a correlation between lessions and new symptoms -- just one more thing that makes this such a mysterious disease.
        Unless your son is in a sudden decline, he might want to wait at least another year, and work on paying down his bill.

Comment

Originally posted by thelegendlc View Post
          In the opinion of my neurologist an annual MRI is not necessary.
          Please keep in mind this is your physician's advice on your particular case. To the best of my knowledge, in most cases, especially if on medication the recommendation remains to consider doing one yearly. Certainly for people who can't afford it, can't tolerate the procedure or are not on medications this can be considered and an individualized plan created but there is no blanket guideline that I'm aware of stating yearly MRIs are not necessary.

"The big question for neurologists is how often should they be monitoring their MS patients with MRI," Dr Traboulsee told Medscape Medical News. "We tell them that they should be monitoring patients who are on treatment at least once a year with standard MRI. That will give them important information on whether the patient is stable or if there's evidence of new disease activity that might prompt a change in treatment."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/845593
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

More on MRI

Please see Marco's post above this thread re the latest study on MRI's: MRI, Clinical Assessments Not Prognostic in MS

I don't think any doctor would say MS patients should skip MRI's completely; but some believe (mine included) that they are not an annual requirement if there if not a steady or sudden decline.

Comment

Working...
            X