MRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI

Had my annual MRI yesterday. I always get Brain, Cervical and Thoracic done together. It's very long but when you're done you don't have to come back. No contrast dye this time.
    I noticed that the table got very hot towards the end. It wasn't unbearable but definitely uncomfortable. I once had a bad experience where the bed got hot and the circulating fan was not working. I squeezed the ball to get the attention of the techs for that one. They weren't very nice. I did report that incident to the hospital.

Has anyone ever had this sort of experience?

Oh wow. No never, and I've had a couple of long ones too.

I'm assuming this was the regular "tube" not the "open" MRI machine?

I've gotten warm but never to the point I would call uncomfortable.

Comment

Hot MRI

This scan was done in an open MRI but this happened to me once before in a closed one. When the technician came in to take me out she made a comment " Wow we really heated you up." Seemed weird to me which prompted me to start the thread. When I see my neurologist next month I will ask his opinion. I suspect that something wasn't quite right with the scanning process but not sure.

Comment

metal?

I am researching MRI with metal Titanium ribs (LOTS of them) and one of the sites mentioned that while they do not keep you from having the mri, they can increase the temp of you and the table up to 20 degrees C.

Is it possible there is something in your body that might be causing this, even if they say it would be safe?

Realize I am a google researcher, so have no real knowledge of what is going on.
        You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

Working...
        X