Botox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Botox

Has anyone had botox for leg spasticity?

I have not tried it but I would like to hear if anyone tried it

I have really bad leg spasms and nothing seems to help

Shoo
    Shoo

Comment

Botox

Yes,

I've been getting botox injections in my right quad muscles for a year and a half now. Every 12-14 weeks I go in to have the injections done again. They wear off after about 10 weeks, but there is a rule about how frequently you can get injections so that you don't develop a resistance to botox, or something along those lines.

The doc was a bit nervous about injecting into my rectus femoris (front of thigh) because it's a pretty important muscle for standing. She did a small dose (2X 25 units into that muscle and then 25 units each into both of the muscles on either side, the vastus lateralis and vastus medalis. I get 100 units total, and I believe the max allowed at one visit is 500.

I'm a small person, and this dose works very well for me, so that's what we have stayed with. Yes, Botox makes a nice difference for me. Without it, my spastic thigh muscles make it difficult for me to move my leg forward while walking. With the injections, my gait is a lot smoother.

I wish it was a permanent fix, but the effects are worth it to go in every 3 months. And the injections into the muscles barely hurt at all.

Comment

Working...
      X