News headlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News headlines

I wish the news would stop reporting on MS "breakthroughs". More often than not the word "breakthrough" is in the title, but when you read the article it reports on a "possible link" or a "potential cause". It's not a breakthrough until it's a certain cure or a certain cause. Gak!

Originally posted by PositiveMS View Post
    I wish the news would stop reporting on MS "breakthroughs". More often than not the word "breakthrough" is in the title, but when you read the article it reports on a "possible link" or a "potential cause". It's not a breakthrough until it's a certain cure or a certain cause. Gak!
    Yes, me too!

And if a list was made of all the "possible" and "potential" causes and cures that have fallen by the wayside over the years, it would certainly be very long.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I agree 100%!
      On top of getting our hopes up, I get a bunch of people that heard or read that there was a cure.
      I always say I'm sure there is sometime after I die.
      DIAGNOSED=2012
      ISSUES LONG BEFORE
      REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

But technically all of those things are considered "breakthroughs" in the true sens of the word. If you are looking for a "cure" as we all are, you will need to look for that word although I wouldn't hold my breath.

The last headline that grabbed my attention was related to the identification of more MS genetic links which was excellent news. It is disgraceful, has hindered progress/knowledge, that the medical community has downplayed the known familial predisposition of MS for so many years.

break·through
        ˈbrākˌTHro͞o/
        a sudden, dramatic, and important discovery or development.
        synonyms: advance, development, step forward, success, improvement;
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

I always hit Ctrl+F and search for "mouse" and "mice"

If either shows up, I don't bother to read it. Unfortunately one or the other usually does.
          PPMS
          Dx 07/13

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bo View Post
            If either shows up, I don't bother to read it. Unfortunately one or the other usually does.
            Lol, excellent strategy!
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Yes, me too!

And if a list was made of all the "possible" and "potential" causes and cures that have fallen by the wayside over the years, it would certainly be very long.
              Yes, it would be a lengthy list, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
                Lol, excellent strategy!
                I second that

Comment

Working...
                X