Fatigue has become sleepy fatigue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue has become sleepy fatigue.

A long time ago I wrote that I had a lot of fatigue, but it wasn't the kind where you just want to sleep a lot. Well, that has changed a lot. Now all I can do is lay on the couch and nap. My fatigue is exhausting, never ending. I wonder what this means in the disease progression department.

I have daily dizziness, but the weird thing is that I actually feel better if I am driving. Guess I feel more in control or something. But I can't go very far. My eyes hurt all the time and my face gets tight. I also have tons of pain inside my mouth. It could be a vitamin deficiency or Burning Mouth Syndrome. Doctor is not sure.

My neuro "thinks" my MS has "burned itself out". Personally I think she's just a little bit crazy. She has not ordered a MRI in a long time so I don't know what she is basing her opinion on. All my symptoms are worse and more constant now.

Well, just wondering about this sleepy fatigue. Does the lesions play a part in that?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I haven't had any new lesions in several years but a few months ago got the "sleepy fatigue". I can't seem to nap though I feel like my eyes won't stay open. I fall asleep very early in the evening and wake up every 2 or so hours.

I also have daily dizziness and my tongue has constantly felt like it was burning for years. My doctor says I am stable but with many new symptoms I feel I've graduated to progressive. I don't know the answer to the lesion question you asked. I would question your neuro though and what she bases the "MS has burned out" statement and I think an MRI would be in order.

I hope you get what you need. My best wishes for you.

Comment

are you on any medications for fatigue, and are you on any medications that cause fatigue? I am on Lyrica for pain in my legs but it has a side effect for me of fatigue, so I take Nuvigil to help me manage the fatigue. Does any of that make sense?
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
      X