Should I report this relapse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leah27 View Post

I wonder if it was a true flare ( I was stressed, I had slept funny) b/c no findings on MRI ? I am feeling 100% better after 2 days f steroids though. I am wondering if anyone has had similar experience or insight?
    Hi Leah,

I had several relapses that never showed on MRI. Mine usually involve vertigo and & arm weakness, along with hypersensitivity to noise. After 24-48 hours, called neuro, and solumedrol ordered. I was fortunate like you, and day 2-3, usually felt lots better.

So I wouldn't tough it out next time. Sometimes, lesions may be too small for current MRI to pick up. There are also some studies that have shown lesions disappearing over time.

I would follow the 24-48 hour rule for symptoms and call neuro if you experience new or worsening of symptoms. A good neuro will want to know, even if solumedrol isn't warranted(sensory alone symptoms).

Glad to hear you are feeling better.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks so much Kathy- sometimes it helps just to know that someone is on the same boat!

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
      Hi Leah,

I had several relapses that never showed on MRI. Mine usually involve vertigo and & arm weakness, along with hypersensitivity to noise. After 24-48 hours, called neuro, and solumedrol ordered. I was fortunate like you, and day 2-3, usually felt lots better.

So I wouldn't tough it out next time. Sometimes, lesions may be too small for current MRI to pick up. There are also some studies that have shown lesions disappearing over time.

I would follow the 24-48 hour rule for symptoms and call neuro if you experience new or worsening of symptoms. A good neuro will want to know, even if solumedrol isn't warranted(sensory alone symptoms).

Glad to hear you are feeling better.
      Diagnosed 7/11/11
      On Copaxone 7/11- 12/13
      On Tecfidera 12/13- current

Comment

Working...
      X