Happy Valentines Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Valentines Day

What do you think of when you think of Valentine’s Day? Pretty flowers? Boxes of chocolate? Long strolls in the moonlight? Okay, I do too, but this year, I’m thinking, the pretty flowers will fade away, the chocolates would just make my blood sugars go haywire, and long strolls in the moonlight? Ha! That is sure not happening!

This year I’m thinking of a man who truly lives the vows, in good times and bad, in sickness and in health. A man who can look at the woman he made those vows to over 24 years ago and still see the whole, healthy woman I was then. A man whose main desire over the past year and 7 months or so has been to help me, even though he is in pain himself. A man who mourns because he simply cannot do more.

In other words, I think of my wonderful husband, Oscar Vance Howell Jr. If you have a valentine like this, thank God for him (or her) They are very rare. And love this Valentine as they love you, they deserve no less. Happy Valentine’s Day, O.V. I love you more than words can say!

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

What a wonderful tribute to your husband You are very lucky to have him in your life (and you in his life) and thank you for sharing this with us!

I think a lot of feel like you do - be it spouses, partners, caregivers and close friends and family. I know I am grateful for the loving people in my life too.

Happy Valentine's Day
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
    X