Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must be having a poor me day or something.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be having a poor me day or something.

I got up early this morning and just drug around until I finally made myself get dressed for church. My Sunday School class had the annual Christmas Party last night and I was unable to attend. I had spent most of the day in the ER with my son. I was there so late that I couldn't make the party. i look forward to this every year. This morning when I arrived at church, I thought it would be nice to hear that someone missed me at the party. I never heard anything from anyone , but I heard someone else being told that they were missed. It hurt my feelings being left out. I have started feeling that I don't belong at this church.
    All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Sorry to hear that, S. I wonder if people get used to some of us with chronic illness having to miss things and it becomes the "norm", so they don't even mention it?

But, yeah, it would've been nice to know that you were missed. MS takes our health, takes our energy, takes away opportunities to socialize, and then even affects relationships and friendships.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thanks Mamaabug

It is a very rare occasion for me to miss church or a church social. I even made it to church 3 days after I was a victim of an aggravated assault. My church is one thing that I refuse to let MS take away from me. I just have been feeling lately that I am not fitting in anymore
      All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Comment

Originally posted by sulphur kennel View Post
        It is a very rare occasion for me to miss church or a church social. I even made it to church 3 days after I was a victim of an aggravated assault. My church is one thing that I refuse to let MS take away from me. I just have been feeling lately that I am not fitting in anymore
        Hopefully, it was just an oversight on the part of the person who noticed someone else missing, but didn't comment on your absence. As for the others, I know that I don't necessarily say anything, even I notice others are missing. Especially during this season, we're all busy, and I might just assume that they either had other things on their calendar, or were just busy enough that they decided on a break.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I have to agreewith Faith that it was probably just and oversight that they did not mention you not being there.
          I am sure that there are others that have "issues", and they probably think from time to time that they do not fit in either, but that is nonsense. You fit in wherever you go! And of all places a larger gathering such as you will find in any congregation of people, you will certainly come across a few people that feel exactly as you do.
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
          X