Violent Tourette's-like jerking/screeching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violent Tourette's-like jerking/screeching

I apparently began what I thought was a minor relapse a few days ago. Some mild but new symptoms and some old symptoms that seem a little more severe.

Hadn't even thought about calling my neuro, until last night. About 10 pm my upper body began jerking and, at the same time, I would involuntarily let out loud screeching noises. This has continued constantly for the past 18 hours and has progressively become louder and more violent.

I regularly take Baclofen at bedtime for jerking of my knees and hips (have never had spasticity in my upper body). Has always worked great but can't touch this!!

I'm getting really tired and even a little freaked out.

Has anyone else had symptoms like this? Need a little support.....
    Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
    Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

I have involuntary spasms that are quite painful. My doctor said it was dystonia. He prescribed a seizure medication to control them.

I ended up i the emergency room two weeks ago with what felt like heart issues. Doctor told me they were spasms. I was like whaaat, its internal, my heart, doctor reminded me that you can get spasms anywhere and seemed surprised that i didn't know this.

I would definitely call your doctor, you will wear yourself out if you can't rest.

Comment

Sorry to hear. I can't help any, but definitely think you should call neuro.

I hope this resolved quickly for you.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

This sounds very concerning to me especially since it includes involuntary screeching and has been relentless for 18 hours. Personally I'd suggest an ED visit if you can't get in with your neuro immediately. Please let us know how you are.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Working...
        X