People who don't have it just don't "get it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who don't have it just don't "get it"

Maybe they just can't, and I wouldn't wish the way I feel on anyone, even for a day.
    (Actually, I think I would wish it on some people, and for longer than a day. Just for a week, shall we say, where they don't know what's going to happen and whether they'll ever get any better.)
    And yes, that is mean and nasty and not at all nice.
    Too bad; so sad.
    I was trying to explain to co-worker (some of you may remember my former colleague Fluffy Rabbit - the plus side with her was that she didn't think she was sharpest knife in the Knive-R-Us megastore - I miss her) .

The new one is triathlon whole foods fitness freak and expert on, according to her, everything ever. Politics, hairstyles, actors, modelling, clothes, shoes, the Internet.

Went out with a farmer for a week and you'd swear she had lived through the drought preceding the Great Depression.

Not that she knows anything about that. Instead it is "Oh the horror of having to make sandwiches for the workers. How she has suffered. That putting ham in between two pieces of bread...

Any hoo. I declined attendance at the Office not-so-very-merry Xmas party.

They all hate each other, thanks to Fairfax's master class in how to sack people while causing the maximum amount of anxiety and distrust.

Told I was a piker, slack, lazy etc. I said the strain of the last few months has caused an MS flare. Please look at living with ms on YouTube, say I.
    The one where the fellow struggles to get dressed.
    That is me.
    Oh no that's too depressing to watch.
    Try living it.

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
    Maybe they just can't, and I wouldn't wish the way I feel on anyone, even for a day.
    (Actually, I think I would wish it on some people, and for longer than a day. Just for a week, shall we say, where they don't know what's going to happen and whether they'll ever get any better.)
    And yes, that is mean and nasty and not at all nice.
    Too bad; so sad.
    I was trying to explain to co-worker (some of you may remember my former colleague Fluffy Rabbit - the plus side with her was that she didn't think she was sharpest knife in the Knive-R-Us megastore - I miss her) .

The new one is triathlon whole foods fitness freak and expert on, according to her, everything ever. Politics, hairstyles, actors, modelling, clothes, shoes, the Internet.

Went out with a farmer for a week and you'd swear she had lived through the drought preceding the Great Depression.

Not that she knows anything about that. Instead it is "Oh the horror of having to make sandwiches for the workers. How she has suffered. That putting ham in between two pieces of bread...

Any hoo. I declined attendance at the Office not-so-very-merry Xmas party.

They all hate each other, thanks to Fairfax's master class in how to sack people while causing the maximum amount of anxiety and distrust.

Told I was a piker, slack, lazy etc. I said the strain of the last few months has caused an MS flare. Please look at living with ms on YouTube, say I.
    The one where the fellow struggles to get dressed.
    That is me.
    Oh no that's too depressing to watch.
    Try living it.
    The first part of your post cracked me up, I loved your descriptions and it sounds as if you have a good handle on just how silly your coworkers are.

However it took an alarming turn and I wanted to clarify if someone actually called you "a piker, slack, lazy etc." or if that is just how you have been made to feel because if so I would document it and file a claim with HR. I'm normally not big on whining about being bullied but For The Love of God if that isn't a hostile work environment I can't imagine what is! Is there any way you can look for another job because even if HR handles this appropriately I can't imagine wanting to work with people so rude.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Working...
    X