TIME FOR A NEW WALKING AID.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TIME FOR A NEW WALKING AID.

I received a phone call this afternoon from a gentleman that said he was delivering me a wheelchair that the VA had ordered for me.

Of course I knew it was coming my Neurologist e-mailed and told me she had offered me an Ultra Light Wheelchair. It was a surprise to me but at the same time I was glad.

I e-mailed her back and asked her what brought that on? She said due to my last clinical exam she felt it was necessary. She felt by watching me it would be impossible for me to walk anywhere of a significant distance. She hit the nail on the head with that one.

I miss a lot of my Granddaughter's cheerleading competition because we end having to park so far away I can't walk to the facility where the competition is held.

So I have my Rollator for for normal distances and walking and now a Wheelchair for long distances.

The gentleman that just delivered my wheelchair told I need to ask for what the VA calls a GO-GO. It's a battery powered scooter. He said for the work that you do I should get one with no problem. So I may have to look into that.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth
Working...
X