Popping and numbness in my hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popping and numbness in my hand

Lately, when I move my right hand or wrist in a certain direction, it pops (it feels like when you crack a glow stick). I get a zing of pain and then my hand goes numb. The feeling gradually comes back. What could be going on? It happens several times a day.

Hi,

I don't have the exact situation, in that my wrist doesn't pop, but I do have a thumb that gets stuck and then will pop when it releases itself from that position.

My problem is call trigger thumb, or you can have a trigger finger. Basically inflammation narrows the space within the sheath that surrounds the tendon. I don't have a numb sensation, but it does get an altered sensation for awhile after the "pop" happens. Mine is corrected by a cortisone shotinto the thumb. I wait till it gets bent and doesn't "pop" into place, then I get a shot and it lasts for months.

It has nothing to do with MS, so I see an orthopedist for my issue, specifically an orthopedist that deals with hands (in the orthopedic group I go to, it seems each dr. has his specialty...i.e. one guy deals with hands, another with hips, etc.)

So even though it's not an identical problem...the "pop" made me think it was similar.

Hope you get some answers.

Comment

Snap, crackle, pop

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
      Hi,

I don't have the exact situation, in that my wrist doesn't pop, but I do have a thumb that gets stuck and then will pop when it releases itself from that position.

My problem is call trigger thumb, or you can have a trigger finger. Basically inflammation narrows the space within the sheath that surrounds the tendon. I don't have a numb sensation, but it does get an altered sensation for awhile after the "pop" happens. Mine is corrected by a cortisone shotinto the thumb. I wait till it gets bent and doesn't "pop" into place, then I get a shot and it lasts for months.

It has nothing to do with MS, so I see an orthopedist for my issue, specifically an orthopedist that deals with hands (in the orthopedic group I go to, it seems each dr. has his specialty...i.e. one guy deals with hands, another with hips, etc.)

So even though it's not an identical problem...the "pop" made me think it was similar.

Hope you get some answers.
      My husband, who does not have MS, and I have been creaking and popping since we turned 50 pretty much. Seems like osteoarthritis/thinning ligaments/aging for both of us, but I never think MS is ever totally innocent when it comes to me, though. Hang in there.
      Tawanda

Comment

Working...
      X