Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just don't know what to do with myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't know what to do with myself...

I am not allowed steroids, lest my aneurysm burst (mmm, it did really, really hurt, 9.5 out of 10 on the nurse scale, the first time, but I survived - been to that rodeo before, willing to risk it.)
    Not allowed Lemstrada or Tysabri, until the "daughter" aneurysm is fixed.
    The interventional neuroradiologist (and I had to say that post brain haemorrhage, which was tricky) doesn't want to risk the stenting of the "daughter", which is just a smaller aneurysm under the other one, lest I have a stroke.

Given the current delightful state of my MS, I don't have many cards left in my hand. Can't have one without the other. Can't the other.

My doctor won't let me have 'roids, blood pressure, aneurysm etc. I don't care - it is my risk to take.

There has to be something. And it ain't copaxone or aubagio.

Cheerful side, I'm half way through FIVE whole series of The Wire, and it's brilliant! And there's some, much less good, new Walking Dead, (I could be an extra) Zombie show coming.

Lord help us. That it should come to this.

Hi Thinkimjob:

Does the national health service in Australia have a policy that specifies that, once a doctor -- any doctor -- has decided on a course of treatment or management for a patient, no other doctor in the country is allowed to take on that patient and change the course of treatment?

Is there a national medical data base that contains diagnosis and treatment information for patients that any doctor in the country can access? And once diagnosis and treatment information is entered into the data base, no doctor in the country is permitted by law to change patients' treatment?

More specifically in your case, is there a national data base wherein your neurologists have entered that you have MS but you aren't allowed to have steroids or certain MS medications including Tysabri and Lemtrada (perhaps including Novantrone and Cytoxan)? And since that assessment is in the data base, no other doctor in the country -- under the national health care system or by private agreement -- is permitted by law to take you as a patient and change that treatment/management plan?

Comment

Working...
    X