Summer Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Holidays

I'm living in a new place and I live alone. I have family and friends at home but I came to this new place on an adventure in hopes that I would feel better. I do feel better here in this climate but having MS makes it so hard to get out and start a social life.

When the 3day holidays hit, everyone vaninhes. I don't feel lonely and I don't long to be at the holiday gatherings. But I do need a caregiver. I'm going to spend this evening cleaning my toilet mmmm. Then I will mop floors and do the laundry.

The good side, I got to sleep for 12 hours without anyone interrupting me today. I suppose I'll emerge from this holiday rested and refreshed, but it's not exactly what I'd like to be doing. What is annoying is that it's impossible to get anything done.

How is everyone else doing? Is there anyone else who has had to tough it out on these days? We have 2 big 3 day weekends left this summer.

I've been fortunate that heat doesn't tend to make my MS symptoms worse.

However, the way that summer affects me negatively is the "good stress" that anticipating vacations causes. It often triggers an MS flare for me. I had two in 2014. I've recently switched from Copaxone 20 4x per week (with my doc's permission) to Copaxone 40 3x per week. For me, it's a higher dose, so I'm hopeful that it may help to keep my MS flares at bay.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
    X