Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My immune system is a backstabbing punk!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My immune system is a backstabbing punk!!!

I just need to vent.

I finally got my MS controlled, no new attacks in almost 1.5 years and my symptoms have significantly decreased, which I am absolutely ecstatic about! But this week I ended up in the hospital for severe abdominal pain thinking I had gallbladder issues or appendicitis, something that can be easily corrected. Come to find out, after my CT they tell my I have a partial obstruction in my small bowel due to multiple strictures. They are 90% sure that this is caused by Crohn's disease, another autoimmune disease where my immune system attacks my GI tract. Final diagnosis will be made with biopsies from my impending colonoscopy. This just really sucks.

At least now I'll prob be more consistent with my diet.

Thanks for listening.

Glad to hear that, mostly, you have been able to manage your MS well. But, sorry, of course, to hear of your current health issues. Hang in there. Thanks for sharing.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I had a small bowel obstruction 6 years ago and had emergency surgery to correct it. Took about 6 inches of colon out. I was never told it was caused by my faulty autoimmune system. Rather, it was scar tissue from previous surgeries. In any case, it was a huge surgery and I have never been the same.

I have acquired a lot of autoimmune problems too. I have Graves, IBS, Gastritis, Spondylosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Dry Eye and Mouth etc etc. It's all so frustrating. Seems like one thing leads to another. And it all started with MS.

Hope you get along better soon. If you have surgery be sure to take your pain meds and expect to be in the hospital for awhile. I had no idea how serious this was until I went home and continued to have problems. It took some pretty smart nurses to finally tell me this was a serious surgery.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
      X