vacation travel with RV, can rest in there anytime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vacation travel with RV, can rest in there anytime

There you go again, helping me. My husband likes to travel. We vacationed around the US fifteen years before our children were born. Several years ago, he took my daughter along, and they visited the 'Rocky Mountains.'

They had a nice trip, and I enjoyed being home in bed, with the freezer full.

Now that my husband is sixty two, I am apprehensive that he will want to travel more, after he is retired. Well, I like the RV idea, because he can go out, and I can relax in the RV

Marie,

That is what my sister loves about the RV. She can stay comfortably inside, sit outside, or go with her husband depending on how she feels. They have planning, packing, unpacking down to science. And the RV has all the comforts of home.

It is definitely worth looking into.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

plan

This is what I would do. It is a win win situation, IMO.
      God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

I would love to vacation in an RV. But I only would only consider something like I see on the RV show on TV. I have seen these types of RV's at football 'tailgates', etc. Penn State football tailgates are full of 'awesome' RV's. And the partying isn't bad either.

Comment

JerryD,

Have to agree on the RVs and tailgating at Penn State. The last two seasons are the first in over 20 years that we didn't get up to any home games. I really miss it. Hoping this fall may be different. Not doing the season package as too many unknowns with me, and too expensive to get stuck with tickets.

As for the RVs, they run all extremes and price ranges. My husband and I hope to do this after he retires. My sister's is middle range but really nice. The kitchen is nicer than our home's!

Going to keep hoping and dreaming.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

If I had an extra $150k, I would love to have a Mercedes Benz Sprinter configured as an RV (think airstream) complete with bed, kitchen, shower, toilet and mobility ramp. Unlike a full-sized RV, the Sprinter can fit in larger parking spaces and gets over 20 mpg. I think it's the best compromise between daily driver and RV.

Comment

Hi Marie,

We have been using a RV for 10 years. We take vacations as well as weekend getaways in it.

My husband will be retiring this August and we have always planned on traveling. I was diagnosed 4 years into our, currently, 33 years of marriage.

I have never stayed in the RV and my husband went and did his thing, we have always done stuff together. However, I can see how this might sound appealing for someone that wants to go but chooses to relax in the RV

One thing to keep in mind: if you have problems with stairs you will probably need to put some money into a conversion for a lift of some sort. In fact, there are numerous modifications that allow those with disabilities to enjoy a RV.
              Diagnosed 1984
              “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
              X