Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain MRI - lesion question

Hi,
    I am undiagnosed but an MRI did reveal a non enhancing left frontal lobe lesion that prompted my neurologist to ask me if I'd ever had a shunt in my head. He asked this because the lesion is similar to I guess maybe a scar that would have been left had I had a shunt in my head before. Well, the answer is no, I've never had a shunt in my head and never had a brain injury.

The radiologist report said "this would be an atypical presentation of demyelination. This could represent primary or secondary gliosi (scar tissue)."

I was wondering if anyone has had atypical MS lesions but still ended up with an MS diagnosis?

I had a similar question the other day with regards to an abnormal lesion that showed on my last MRI. It was reported to be a calcification, but I am suspicious if this is accurate. MRI prior showed nothing and the one before that showed about 4 lesions. Wondering if these other things are really MS type lesions. Waiting to see what neuro says.

Comment

The first brain MRI I ever had showed very small lesions and in the report, the radiologist said it could be MS. I wasn't even being worked up for MS at the time. The neurologist said that was nothing because they weren't in the right spot, so I never thought anything of it. It wasn't until another year or two later I started developing MS symptoms, and then another two years after that before I developed a typical MS brain lesion that led to my diagnosis.

Most of my inflammation occurs in my spine. I have two brain lesions and I've never developed any more than that in the entire time I've been dealing with this disease. I'm thinking that's not the pattern that most MS patients go through, but it is for me and I still have it, no doubt about it.
      Diagnosed 1/4/13
      Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

Lesions do not disappear, without leaving a black hole, which CAN be seen in MRI. So the issue of having a lesion show up then not seen is suspect for problems OTHER than MS. I sure hope they figure out what is going on with you
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Thank you, I hope to some day have some answers

Comment

Working...
          X