Do relapses become more frequent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do relapses become more frequent?

Had first relapse eight years ago and just finished second one. I am wondering if the relapses get more frequent with time?

I am wondering if the relapses get more frequent with time?
    My experience with my MS is no. I have had 5 exacerbations in 29 years. The first 3 were severe the last 2 mild in comparison.

I started out as Relapsing/Remitting(RR) and have transitioned to Secondary Progressive(SP). Usually SP is more disease progressive and relapses become less but symptoms and disabilities can accumulate.

As this disease has a 'mind' of it's own there is never any hard and fast rules about what this disease will or will not do. We simply have to live with what it throws at us
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Snoopy is correct...no hard and fast rules.

I am the opposite. I started out slow...and then my relapses came on steady and hard. I have had about ten major relapses in 16 years...two with life threatening complications. I had a period of non-activity for about six years...pure bliss.

I continually ask myself which is better RRMS or SPMS...I just dont know.
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

My experience is no. First relapse (1989) brought me to the dr, diagnosed RRMS. I had other minor relapses but didn't bring me to the dr. 2001 had major relapse, one week in the hospital, about a year to recover. Now I'm SPMS, 5 yr ago my left leg got weak and hurt. I've progressively got weaker and now use walking aids.

So, for me it's progression over 25 yrs.
        Karen

Comment

Working...
        X