MS? isn't that like MD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS? isn't that like MD?

I was talking to a friend, that I haven't seen in 6 years, and he asked me if MS was like MD . He said he was aware of all of the money that the Jerry Lewis telethon had raised for that cause. You can imagine it was short conversation.
    My answer was that Jack Osborne was going to do a telethon! Or that's what I heard !

Well I'm confident you told him MS and MD are nothing a like. Oddly enough that's not the first time I heard of the comparison of the two diseases. I guess people automatically associate Jerry Lewis to MS.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Comment

Well...try being referred to as one of "Jerry's Kids". My real fathers name is indeed Jerry...makes for one interesting conversation....NOT! Some people actually think its funny.
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I have had somebody ask my that too, is it like MD? I just shake my head. I try to tell them the differences in a short way because I know they are not interested but would like to educate them a bit on our disease. I'd be up for watching a Jack Osborne telethon

Lisa
        Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
        SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
        Tysabri

Comment

I had to laugh. My 89 yr old father has some dementia. He can't remember MS any more (even though he did walks with my team) and has taken to telling people I have muscular dystrophy. You should see the looks I get. Quite humorous. Sad though that normal functioning people don't know the difference.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X