Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you call neuro to request pt for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you call neuro to request pt for this?

I had an terrible sore throat/fever virus. Fever for 6 days and I had to take prelone/lidocaine mouthwash gargle just to swallow saliva. As I recovered I developed shooting pain in my right quad from front of hip to knee when I walk. It is really tight and usually my hamstring has spasticity (take Baclofen). My ileotibial band is extremely tight and painful.

My neuro prescribes Baclofen 3x a day, but the lunch dose makes me sleep so I usually skip. I have to take it now. Should I go to pt? Just not the time of year to make time to go if it won't help.... I know I can flare after fever and illness, so maybe I should just wait it out? Is it more concerning rhat my quad is tight now, when it used to be my hamstring?

It may help just so that they can teach you some stretching exercises. It sounds like you need to stretch. I get something similar and my PT spends the first part of my appointment, maybe 30 minutes stretching my arms and legs.

Try it, if it does nothing, don't go back.

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Ok thanks. I called. I have tried every it band stretch online and they don't work somehow. I am not sure how to stretch the front of my hip either...

Comment

Working...
      X