Exacerbation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exacerbation

Now I have one of those. After spending the month of September and part of November in and out of the hospital for UTIs to suicidal attempts that came out of nowhere. Now I wake up yesterday morning and can't feel anything below my neck. My muscles are also very weak also and I can't swallow or talk well. So I am back on IVSM for 5 days. Honestly I was hoping for no more relapses with SPMS. I still have the slow decline. Whachagonnado.

Anyway thanks for letting me vent.

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Dear Lisa - this is such sad news and I'm so sorry. You have been through the wringer lately. Do you have help at home or will this be another hospital stay?

You are in my prayers and hope the IVSM works wonders for you
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

of all the rotten luck. you definitely qdo not deserve this! how awful! all my thoughts and prayers are with you.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

We are glad you are here with us

We are so glad you are here with us! I know this MS stuff is not easy for any of us. But, let's start, to reduce
        the list of chronic diseases with high suicide rates. Come on, I want to meet you all in heaven!

I'm serious! Let's reduce that rate! It's ONE thing that we will be able to do. Let's all look forward to reuniting in Heaven. I'm serious! I know it's not easy.

But please, let's try to ask for help. We are all very smart, and very hard workers. I know we can do this! PLEASE, let's get the ball rolling.

Comment

This sucks Lisa. I hope the IVSM works.

Comment

Lisa, I am so sorry you are having such a hard time.

We value your contribution to these boards and sure hope you are feeling better soon with the IVSM.

Comment

Well, Lisa DANG!!!!!! Enough!!!!!

So sorry hon. Hope you get some relief from this very scary paralysis. I wish I were closer. I would visit you and allow you to vent all the dang time if needed!!!

Sending you a virtual hug...and lots of prayers.

Now if adversity is supposed to make you evolve spiritually, then you must be headed toward SAINTHOOD LISA~~~

Hugs .. thinking of you.. a lot!!

Jan
              I believe in miracles~!
              2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
              Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Lisa,

I am so sorry to hear you are in a flare and depression has reared its ugly head. I only wish I had the words to help you as much as you have helped me. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  Dear Lisa - this is such sad news and I'm so sorry. You have been through the wringer lately. Do you have help at home or will this be another hospital stay?

You are in my prayers and hope the IVSM works wonders for you
                  At home thank goodness. I appreciate everything.

Lisa
                  Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                  SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                  Tysabri

Comment

Glad you'll be at home and hope your husband can get some time off to be with you. Tell him you need some pampering

Rest up dear Lisa.
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I'm so sorry, Lisa. Enough is enough already! Of all people, you sure didn't need this to happen. I hope the solumedrol helps, and soon.

You are in my prayers.
                      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Awww Lisa! You've been through so much lately, waaaaay more than you deserve. I hope the IVSM works and you get back on track soon.
                        Jen
                        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Well that sucks, Lisa

Hope you are doing better soon
                          Diagnosed 1984
                          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Whachagonnado? I would cry. And then cry again. It would help.

It is nice to have IVSM at home.

Lets hope this is the last setback you have for a VERY long time. Since IVSM causes the munchies....seriously chow down if you can tomorrow.
                            Katie
                            "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                            "My MS is a Journey for One."
                            Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                            X