having problems sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having problems sleeping

okay i take 1 ambien every night and two benadryl every night.....i do fall a sleep however since i take one flomax every night....it wakes me so i go to bathroom and i come back i lay back down and i can't fall back to sleep again.....i'm tired and i need some suggestion please.................

What are you doing during the day? I have no idea about your life but I have many hospitalized patients who become very focused and anxious about not sleeping the way most people do.

Where things differ is they nap during the day and are not at all physically active which would make sense that they aren't sleeping good overnight. The good news is they aren't operating heavy machinery the next morning. I think in some instances we need to adjust our ideas of what an adequate amount of sleep over 24 hours.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Insomnia has been one of my worst symptoms. If I don't sleep, I can't function. Ambien alone doesn't work for me. I take Ativan and Neurontin early in the evening and then Ambien right before bed. Also, amitriptyline and baclofen are very sedating and can help with sleep. Good luck!

Comment

I don't sleep very well most nights - restless legs first, then pain here and there, then night sweats...repeat until about 5 AM when I finally do fall into a deep sleep. Then the alarm goes off at 6!!! LOL ahhh what can you do?

Comment

Insomnia was one of my worst and hardest to treat MS sx's, along with dibilating fatigue and bowel incontinence. Together these were 'anxiety inducing' sx's, particularly insomnia and fatigue.

After approximately 10yrs with little success treating insomnia with rx sleep aids, my MS doc rx'ed Tysabri. Within the first 3mos sleep was restored to near normal for me, and bowel incontinence also resolved.

The 3 sx's on my wish list when I start any new DMT was to restore sleep, resolve bowel incontinence and fatigue. I experienced great improvement with bowel incontience and insomnia, although my fatigue has improved very little if at all. I consider rsolution of two out of three MS sx's excellent results in terms of quality of life improvement.

The huge exception was that MS progression related to mobility was significient while on I was on Ty. I'm not recommending Ty or any other DMD or rx.

I recommend that you reach an agreement with your MS doc that finding an effective sleep aid or treatment for insomnia is your goal this year. BTW, I often wondered about the long term health consequences of sleep deprivation, and the effects of long term insomnia on other MS sx like fatigue, cognition, anxiety, etc.

Also a sleep study might help eliminate other underlying sleep related disorders, or eliminate causes other than MS.

Best of luck and I hope you find effective insomnia treatment very soon.

Comment

Working...
          X