Continuous improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuous improvement

Hey, All. At work today, trying out new software for future projects. I'm a drafter of moderate proficiency, but with the way industry just churns along constantly trying to get one over on the competition... have to always try to improve my skills as much as I can or I will get overrun. You can look at it like you're under siege, or like every day is a new adventure. At present I am looking at it like it is a new adventure...because no one likes feeling like they're behind the 8-ball, right? Always put a positive spin on things and you'll feel like you have more control over circumstances.

So does anyone apply this philosophy to other arenas in their lives? I have been pretty fortunate with symptoms lately so I tend not to think about the Monster unless I have to. That is a luxury I revel in. What new things are some of you involved in and trying to improve on? What do you do to feel like you are improving your life or circumstances? Thanks for your thoughts on this...I don't mind how far off topic this thread may veer. You always run into interesting perspectives when you don't confine the conversation to tight constraints.

Great topic! With regard to aging in general they say use it or lose it for physical ability and cognition so I'm all about that since I am getting older but I do not believe this is a credible strategy to change or shape MS prognosis. In my opinion much of how our disease progresses is largely dumb luck.

For me most of my motivation is to have more control over my life. I have always operated this way and with MS it has become even more crucial especially with regard to financial independence and stability.

Almost immediately after being diagnosed I made changes to go back to college for a different and more flexible career in case things with MS took a turn for the worse. That gives me a huge feeling of safety and control. I bank as much as I possibly can now for the likelihood that the time will come when I will be unable to work.

I am also more serious about exercising now than I ever was both to keep myself physically healthy but also to be able to enjoy my abilities while I still have them and lessen my regrets when the time comes that I am not able to do what I can now. Again a good strategy both for both MS and just the natural aging process.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Working...
    X