Clumsy much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clumsy much?

It seems like I can't do anything right anymore. If I try to toss something in the wastebasket I have to try it 3 or 4 times before I make it. Drop everything. Can't cook anymore. Nothing comes out right. Feel off balance when I stand up. It just feels like the room is too big... the ceilings too high.

So what is this delightful phenomenon now? I'm sure it's a MS thing.

Anyone else have this clumsy feeling??
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

In the weeks preceding a relapse I become really clumsy. My husband is usually the first one to comment on it. I start bashing things down on the bench or crashing things together, tripping over nothing and generally doing stupid things. I also have trouble comprehending recipes/instructions so also have issues with things not turning out as I intended.

It's quite depressing to know I'm getting sick but can't do a darned thing about it.

Comment

Where I notice it the most is that I drop things in the kitchen all the time.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Butter fingers hete too.

I used to manage the fine china section of a major department store. I dropped countless breakables. Good thing I got out of that business.

It's almost like my hands throw things. I have no control over it. Honestly, it kinda makes me laugh now. Never know what will be flung across the bathroom next. I drop a lot of makeup when I'm trying to get ready in the morning.😉

Comment

Usually I only drop things from my right hand ... in the last week I've been dropping things more, and from both hands ... sigh.

Comment

I once beaned a felloectrain passenger in the head with my cell phone when I tried to take it out of my purse. Nredeless to say he avoided sitting near me after that.

I am always dropping thinks. Running joke with the family.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I am very butter everything fingers feet at work tripped over nothing waste hot coffee everywhere tired of feeling like I can't do anything forget how to spell have three kids so have to put on a smiley face but tried

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                I once beaned a felloectrain passenger in the head with my cell phone when I tried to take it out of my purse.
                LOL!!!!!!!!!

Clumsy? I've been clumsy my entre life, only now have an illness to blame it on. It definitely comes in handy when I break something important!
                Jen
                RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I've been dropping things also

and mentioned it to my neuro at my last visit. She gave me a prescription for physical therapy.

Comment

I have to get back to this. I am having more and more trouble gripping spoons, knives, toothbrushes etc. Nothing wants to stay in my hand and stirring is a chore. I also have osteoarthritis in my hands which makes things harder to maneuver.

I find myself walking into counters, tripping more and having a harder time getting up from bending to reach something in the cupboard.

Aging is hard enough, but with MS and Fibromyalgia and osteo illness it's a real bummer.
                    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Marti - I am having these problems too and it's getting worse.

Have you thought of buying some adaptive kitchen utensils? Here is a site you might find interesting - it's from the ElderStore, but also for the disabled - http://www.elderstore.com/adaptive-e...ensils_55.aspx

And this - http://www.easierliving.com/all-prod...FQGUfgodaywAkg

If you do a google search, you can find other sites. I'm seriously looking for tools to help me too!
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

During a relapse last Sept one of my symptoms was clumsy hands. First noticed it on the left which felt awkward and uncoordinated while typing. Then I started dropping things, knocking things over and missing my target. I had bruises and cuts on my hands from all the mishaps. It has mostly resolved now thank goodness.

Comment

Working...
                        X