Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have fatigued muscles that cause tremors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have fatigued muscles that cause tremors?

Eight years ago I had a first attack that included intention tremors in both hands. When I would reach for something my hands would shake. Resolved completely.

I have had a second attack now eight years later and it has included left leg weakness, stiffness and tingles. Also had clumsy and weak left arm and hand.

Seven weeks later I have noticed I am better, although arm still weak. Today however I was out shopping and noticed both arms and hands are weak. Stranger still my hands did present with a tremor, but only when they were over exerted and fatigued.

So on both occasions I was carrying stuff for a while and my arms and hand became really tired. When I eventually stopped carrying them my hands stared to shake. So at one point I put articles I had been carrying in a buggy. Then as I was holding my cell phone my hand was shaking like crazy. Subsided once tired feeling left, but it really freaked me out.

Also noticed today any muscle exertion causes shaking. Went to use flicker to light candle and the pressure of pressing caused shaking in hand. All of this is different from intention tremor as it appears to be more directly related to exertion of muscle. Anyone have this kind of symptom before?

Yep. If I 'walk" too far, (not very far at all) or stand too long (maximum five minutes) or get too hot, when I finally sit down my legs shake quite uncontrollably.
    I often have to use my left hand to support my right arm if I'm drinking out of a bottle.

Comment

I've always found that if you fatigue a certain muscle, tremor usually follows.

The weirdest place I've had this happen lately is in my thumb
      I've gotten used to expecting the tremors in other parts of my body if I overdo, but I've been using a trackball mouse (which I love because I don't have to use my arm to move it around)...but when my thumb has had enough trackball movements it starts to tremor. It's one of those symptoms that I find amusing...in my MS journey there are sometimes symptoms that are so bizarre they are humorous to me. Maybe it's a coping mechanism, or some sort of denial, but the weird stuff sometimes makes me chuckle to my self.

Comment

Working...
      X