Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be a flare or expected symptom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could this be a flare or expected symptom?

I have Parasthesia for over a year now and I have worsening symptoms with it. My whole right side is either numb or prickly and what has changed recently is the muscles from my neck down feel as if they have been pulled out of my arm. Yes I have the feeling as if weights are on that side but it is way much heavier now. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello. When I was first diagnosed, oooh, 18 years ago,

I had two numb fingers on my right hand. I have never regained any sensation (little finger, ring finger)
    This has never gone away and now my left hand is more and sometimes less, completely numb.

I've have they 'roids for other things such as dragging myself down the hallway on my bottom, and they worked, but the fingers I think are a list cause.

There are different schools of thought about the 'roads. I as a non-doctor, would say get it (the benefits) while you can.

Comment

I usually call my neuro and discuss with him. They say that any new symptom or worsening of old that lasts 24-48 hours may be a flare. If a relapse, the questions are:
      1. Do you need IV steroids or just let it run its course
      2. Does neuro want MRI to see if any new activity shows
      3. Do you need to consider change in DMD, or start one if not on one
      4. Does the symptom cause enough pain or discomfort that you need an Rx for it
      5. Can PT help

Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
        I usually call my neuro and discuss with him. They say that any new symptom or worsening of old that lasts 24-48 hours may be a flare.

Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.
        Yes; I would call my neuro. It does sound like your flares are worsening. I suspect it may be a flare.

~ Faith
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X