Newest mri results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newest mri results

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here in a while partially because I've been doing so well! As many of you know I was diagnosed at 18 which was four years ago. I presented with symptoms of numbness and tingling in my hands and feet and a few lesions in the brain and spine. I am on Rebif and have been lucky enough to not have any relapses, or even any new lesions for four years.

This is until my latest mri, my neurologist retired so I had to find a new one. My neuro now actually has ms which is a nice connection. When he ordered my yearly mri I went to a different place. They told me their machine was much more powerful then the one I had been getting mris on previously.

I just heard back today from the nurse at my neuro and she told me that they found one lesion that was not there for my last MRI. But she said this lesion looks "old". I am wondering if this could be something the stronger mri machine picked up that the previous machines couldn't see? I have no symptoms and have had no relapses, but was devastated to hear of any progression even if it is just one lession I had a very hard day today.

My doctor wants me to come in next week to talk about it. I am nervous to go, do you think one old looking lesion is enough to warrant changing my meds? I'm nervous and upset about the whole thing I'm hoping that lesion is just an old one that the MRI never picked up.

Any thoughts? Thank you all so much ahead of time. You are a great support.

Does anyone have any experience like this? I would love feedback. One thing I don't like about msworld is seeing how many people view my post but don't respond thank you all so much

Comment

I sometimes read and go back to post later when I have time. I also don't like to post if I can't add since the moderators have to review first. Then again, that may not be the right thing to do.

Differences in MRI machines can cause different results, especially if moving to stronger 3.0 machine from a 1.5.

My personal opinion is that if you are not getting new symptoms, not progressing on old and only have this one new "old" non-enhancing lesion and tolerate and find it easy to stick to Rebif, I would stick with it. If you find on next MRI that you have new lesions, or start progressing, or finding you can no longer tolerate rebif or stick to dosing schedule, then time to switch.

Let us know how neuro goes and what you decide.

Good luck.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X