MS Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Questions

I have had MS for over 35 years, but don't know the answers to the following questions.
    My daughter is in her mid thirties and is having symptoms very similar to mine. She had an MRI yesterday and no lesions showed up, but they did not do a spinal MRI, only a brain MRI.

First question. Has any one that you know of been diagnosed without showing any lesions in their MRI, but was diagnosed when they had the spinal tap?

Second question. Does anyone else on here have second or third generation MS in their families.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Randy

Hi Randy,

First question. Has any one that you know of been diagnosed without showing any lesions in their MRI, but was diagnosed when they had the spinal tap?
    <Raising hand> Me.

Keep in mind I have been diagnosed close to 30 years. At the time of diagnosis I was in a severe exacerbation. My MRI was clear, my LP was positive.

Second question. Does anyone else on here have second or third generation MS in their families.
    I am the only one in my family who has MS.

I do have a long time friend who has recently been diagnosed with MS who has 2 or 3 cousins that have MS.

Your Daughter might ask her Neurologist to do a c-spine MRI. It is possible to have spinal cord lesions but have a clear brain MRI.

Blessings to you and your family
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I agree with Snoopy that it would be wise to get an MRI on the C-spine and no lumbar spine. That is good news she has no lesions on the brain.

A lumbar puncture is a very difficult procedure. I wouldn't do it if you can avoid it.

I'm praying she doesn't have to follow in your footsteps in this way.

Comment

Unfortunately there are many instances of MS in families.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Working...
        X