Ann Romney Neurological Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ann Romney Neurological Center

Did anyone hear yesterday that Ann Romney opened up a Neuro Center in Boston yesterday. Neil Cavuto did an interview with her and one of the docs.

I found it pretty interesting. Did anyone see the interview? What did you think?
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

I thought it was interesting too! Such public figure like her is GREAT for MS.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Hi Katie,

Thanks for passing this on. I missed the announcement. I just read the Boston Globe article on the Ann Romney Center for Neurological Research and it sounds like a great project. The stated mission of the new center is finding a cure. They want to raise 50 million on top of the Romney donation. I hope they do that and more.

This, plus the JK Rowling center in Scotland puts significant new money and prestige/ celebrity influence toward finding a solution to ms. I hope this trend continues. We need all the help we can get.

Comment

Very altruistic and timely

Comment

For the past ten years

according to the Boston Globe article, she's been in remission and treats her disease with a healthy diet and exercise. Wow, how lucky is she!!!

Comment

I think it is GREAT that Mrs. Romney is using her 'celebrity' status to bring attention to MS treatment. Thank you, Anne.

Comment

No matter your politics, this can only be a positive thing.
              Tawanda

Comment

I agree with all. MS does not discriminate and we are all in the same boat.

What I really liked was that it was going to be dedicated to Research and it is trying to advance five of the Neurological Disorders: MS, ALS, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and Brain Tumors.

Additionally...there are going to be trials...according to the interviews. Opportunities for people that would not otherwise not be given the opportunity.

I concur with Pipes123...I hope this trend continues.
                Katie

Comment

Originally posted by its2much View Post
                  according to the Boston Globe article, she's been in remission and treats her disease with a healthy diet and exercise. Wow, how lucky is she!!!
                  As to her remission now...it wasn't always so. She was hit hard in the beginning.

I'm excited about this research endeavor because, as far as i know, it's not being funded by pharmaceutical companies...and so much of the research is, private research is the way to go, IMO.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/ann-romn...232630643.html

(if this link isn't allowed just google
                  Ann Romney Answers Viewers' MS Questions...she's there with her doctor answering questions.)

Comment

She is a great lady. My sister has run into her at the Pilates class she attends. She went up and talked to her one time, and said, "My sister has MS." She told her she was sorry, and said, "I bet she is just tired all the time," to which my sister agreed.

So you can probably figure that Ann is tired all the time, but does a pretty good job of dealing with it gracefully. I wondered how she managed to keep up with Mitt during the campaigning. If you haven't watched the film of the Romneys that was put out a year ago, you should! Lots of admiration for a great family who supports each other!
                    Brenda
                    Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by 4boysmom View Post
                      She is a great lady. My sister has run into her at the Pilates class she attends. She went up and talked to her one time, and said, "My sister has MS." She told her she was sorry, and said, "I bet she is just tired all the time," to which my sister agreed.

So you can probably figure that Ann is tired all the time, but does a pretty good job of dealing with it gracefully. I wondered how she managed to keep up with Mitt during the campaigning. If you haven't watched the film of the Romneys that was put out a year ago, you should! Lots of admiration for a great family who supports each other!
                      How nice that your sister got to meet her.

I saw the film too. I thought she had a MS flare during the 2012 Primaries and she had to take off from Campaigning...I might be wrong...and not remembered the events correctly. So her doc could have miscommunicated in the Boston Globe Article.

I would like to add that Mrs. Romney was on DMDs and pulse steroids. She currently isn't.
                      Katie

Comment

Working...
                      X