My Paratransit Review >.>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Paratransit Review >.>

I had my evaluation review on Monday. I walked into a room that looked like a giant SEPTA gerbil maze with a young woman wearing a burqa. She was a recreation therapist. She said she wasn't going to make me do any tests for fear that I may lose my balance. I told her how MS affected my life and how I couldn't drive my car or take three buses over two hours to work. She said I could articulate my problems well but she would put it in simple terms for SEPTA and added some things about not being able to cross a four lane highway or go out in snow and ice because of increased spasticity.

When we were done she said that I shouldn't have any problem getting approved. She asked about my fatigue levels and helped me to contact my insurance company to get approval for a home health aide. I've used a quarter of a million dollars in healthcare services, seen therapists, doctors, etc., spent close to a thousand dollars on people driving me, cooking for me, having my mother call me a warm pile of garbage over and over, and all this time I could have had someone reliable treat me with dignity while helping me when I get too tired to eat or do laundry.

At the end she said to use the paratransit to do fun things, like some people would use it at 2 AM to go home from a nightclub. I said I used to go to a coffee house and draw but was afraid to ask my mom and set her off I was trying not to cry because it seemed I could finally get my life back, this woman went above and beyond and I felt a little optimistic and less suicidal.

Good for you Dylin.

I know exactly what you mean. I wanted to get a scooter to use at work, and it was a nightmare dealing with companies that sold them. They would flat out lie about things, like my doctor didn't approve it. That was a lie, because he did.

I was about ready to give up, until I found a girl that was a saint in getting me what I needed, with very little hassle.
    One company wanted me to drive for an hour to take a two hour test. This girl(KayLee) set me up to see a PT 15 minutes from my house, and he asked some questions, and filled out the paperwork needed.
    She also had a Rep come to my house to see what I wanted, and quickly had my scooter delivered to my workplace.

It is all about getting the right person.

Comment

Glad you're feeling better but what is a little less suicidal? Is that like a little bit pregnant? Anyway, I hope this is an omen. Maybe things will continue to get better for you. :-)

Comment

Working...
      X