Oregon starts pilot project Oregon Project Independence for age 19-59

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon starts pilot project Oregon Project Independence for age 19-59

In a huge development the Oregon Disabled and Senior Service Division in Eugene, Lane county and perhaps in your county, launched the pilot program based on the Oregon Project Independence that now only serves disabled and elderly people after the age of 60.

This program is for people who are not on Medicaid, I guess the state figures they can save dollars by helping us stay independent in our own homes rather than spend tens of thousands of dollars if you go into assisted living.

I have been told that people are not signing up and that they have the dollars just sitting there. You can get help with meals, personal care, house cleaning, obtaining durable medical equipment, alert buttons to name a few.

So what is stopping you from getting a hold of them right now? You have to learn as i had to, to ask for help, if you need home in your home, just call them today for a home assessment. You have to have the income and medical expense figures for the application that they fill out with you in person.
    So go on make that call. And if you know of anyone else who could profit from this program tell them and blog post its good news for people who need just a little help in their homes to keep them in their homes. The Eugene office number is 541-682-3353. Apply now before the funding runs out. Its a one year program that may continue but it depends on how well the program works.

You make me wish I lived in Oregon. That is a great service. I hope more states pick up on this trend.

Comment

Working...
    X