question about tecifidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about tecifidera

question about this medication. i was talking to someone who told me that this medicine works in the beginning of ms....i that true? i need some more information about this. please help me

I'm not sure if any of the DMD's are better than the other at the beginning. I am currently on Tecfidera which is my 3rd DMD in 4 years. I am currently taking tests to start Gilenya because Tec was not working. My last MRI showed numerous new lesions in my frontal lobes.

I think you need to research all the DMD's available and together with your Neurologist choose the one that may work best for you. That's just my opinion.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Comment

Originally posted by diguilio View Post
      question about this medication. i was talking to someone who told me that this medicine works in the beginning of ms....i that true? i need some more information about this. please help me
      Was this "someone" a doctor? My SIL's neurologist suggested Tecfidera to her and she was PPMS 30 years w/ MS!

I don't know if anyone knows what DMT will work for you, if at all, without trial and error. I have had MS ten years, officially, since I was dxed. I was rxed TEC. Side effects, including clumps of hair coming out, led me to ditch it. Was it working for my MS and worth being half bald? I don't know, but the stress of the side effects were definately not helping me.

How do you honestly know how good any DMT is working for you? Since it doesn't do anything for symptoms, you will always wonder could you be doing better on a different DMT? Or could you be doing even worse on a different DMT? Doctors don't even know. It is so frustrating, and it seems as most of us adjust our meds based on side-effects or lack there of.
      Tawanda

Comment

Well said Tawanda! I am on my third and testing for my fourth and none of them have worked. Fortunately I haven't had any side effects except for Avonex and the flu like side effects which eventually went away.

You never know. It's stab in the dark and if you're lucky you get the right one.

Good Luck to you Diguilio. As I said before do your research and choose the one you feel comfortable with and take it from there.
        Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
        Babe Ruth

Comment

Working...
        X