Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh My Gosh, Maybe I'm Getting Close! (SSDI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh My Gosh, Maybe I'm Getting Close! (SSDI)

Monday (10/13/14) marks the 3-month mark since I applied for SSDI. My case has been in our state's (WA) Disability Determination Services office for at least a month of that.

I spoke with my case/claims manager there last Monday, and she told me they were still waiting on my medical files from four of my doctors. Boy am I glad I called!

I hopped on the phone and contacted them all and politely told them how terribly important it was to get these together for DDS asap. I made more polite contact during the following days and all the records were faxed in to DDS by this past Thursday. They all did it for me in less than 4 short days!

I called the person at DDS yesterday (10/10) and she acknowledged that all the records were received. She said that her work was now done and that my file had been sent to the DDS doctors for final review, that would only involve a portion of next week and that by the end of next week, my file would forwarded on/back to SSA.

Sorry for the long story, but does anyone know what kind of time it could take SSA to decide at that point?

I'm trying not to get too excited, but I'm so excited that I will be approved. My medical history supports my case and all my doctors are in support and I'm 60 years old.

Please send your prayers and/or good thoughts my way please. Thank you!!
    Seattle, WA
    Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
    Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

In 2010 it took about seven weeks

SEAMSGUY,

Good luck - I hope you get approved very soon.

I was living in CT then and I think it took about seven weeks from my call to SSA where a very helpful staffer took my information and prompted me to provide useful information until I was approved. I'm certain it took less than 90 days.

G

Originally posted by SEAMSGUY View Post
    Monday (10/13/14) marks the 3-month mark since I applied for SSDI. My case has been in our state's (WA) Disability Determination Services office for at least a month of that.

I spoke with my case/claims manager there last Monday, and she told me they were still waiting on my medical files from four of my doctors. Boy am I glad I called!

I hopped on the phone and contacted them all and politely told them how terribly important it was to get these together for DDS asap. I made more polite contact during the following days and all the records were faxed in to DDS by this past Thursday. They all did it for me in less than 4 short days!

I called the person at DDS yesterday (10/10) and she acknowledged that all the records were received. She said that her work was now done and that my file had been sent to the DDS doctors for final review, that would only involve a portion of next week and that by the end of next week, my file would forwarded on/back to SSA.

Sorry for the long story, but does anyone know what kind of time it could take SSA to decide at that point?

I'm trying not to get too excited, but I'm so excited that I will be approved. My medical history supports my case and all my doctors are in support and I'm 60 years old.

Please send your prayers and/or good thoughts my way please. Thank you!!

Comment

To share my state's ssdi approval length. From start of april to mid june is all it took for me to get my back pay. I provided alot of past history with old and new docs that have seen me for the issue. I also did an over the phone app.
      My new nuero sent some info in right along with my old doctors that i seen and i didnt have to see their doctor through ssdi. I also sent in the questionare form about how well i functioned at home and work and what i did on a typical day and everything that was sent in was good enough for them to make a decision on approving it.
      But being so they automatically got approved it had to be sent to quality control for a detailed review to make sure that my examiner did her job . So that took about a week and they approved it also.
      So i will be hoping yours goes well also.
      I will be praying for you.

Comment

Working...
      X