Eyes hurt with fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eyes hurt with fatigue

Does anyone notice that their eyes hurt or feel tired when you are especially fatigued? I wake up feeling so worn out and my eyes just ache. I do have dry eye which contributes to this, but I wonder about the usual fatigue that never lets up.

I'm not sure if my tired eyes cause the fatigue or if the fatigue causes tired eyes. I just want to close them and keep them closed. It's kind of like when I read too much.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Right there with you

Hi Marti,
    YES! my eyes always hurt with fatigue (now). Over the years I have consistently journaled this symptom, but never any answers form the Doc. The rims of my eyes get red as well. Occasionally, they will sting so much that I can't open them and they tear down my face. I don't understand it. The tears offer some relief. A friend once told showers are for cleaning the outside, but tears are Gods way of cleaning your inside, so maybe he is getting rid of toxins The doctor also gave me some soothing drops.
    Just to let you know...you are not alone!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy42 View Post
      Hi Marti,
      YES! my eyes always hurt with fatigue (now). Over the years I have consistently journaled this symptom, but never any answers form the Doc. The rims of my eyes get red as well. Occasionally, they will sting so much that I can't open them and they tear down my face. I don't understand it. The tears offer some relief. A friend once told showers are for cleaning the outside, but tears are Gods way of cleaning your inside, so maybe he is getting rid of toxins The doctor also gave me some soothing drops.
      Just to let you know...you are not alone!

Tracy I use Restasis for dry eye. And yes... dry eye causes a lot of tearing. But this soreness and tiredness is a little different now. Thanks.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Marti, my eyes feel tired when I'm fatigued, too. I also have dry eyes, so I use eye drops.

I also get headaches but the pain is in my eyeballs, not my head. I've asked the neurologist and the ophthalmologist about it, and neither can tell me what the cause is.

Well, there never seems to be a dull moment with this silly disease.

Robin
        COPAXONE - Feb. '03
        Dx - Feb. '03
        1st Sx - March '88

Comment

Working...
        X