The Flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Flu

I'm having trouble getting rid of the common flu. I Spent six weeks on Tecfidera and had to stop due to horrific side effects. Think my immune system took a battering.

Now I'm not taking any medication for my MS and have had this flu for over three weeks now. I have been antibiotics and down to my last two days worth. I don't seem to be getting any better.

My question is has anyone else experienced this trouble and if anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. I have been resting and my body is in a constant sweat. I have been taking vitamin C and Garlic. But still have a nasty cough and runny nose.

I'm waiting for a call to start my new MS treatment Gilenya and hoping to get rid of this flu beforehand. Thank you all for reading and hope you all have a great day xo

Hello Bec,

Make sure you are over this flu, or whatever it is, before starting with Gilenya which as an immunosuppressant may worsen an infection.

Take care of yourself and be sure to maintain contact with your doctor until this flu is resolved.

Best to you and your household.

Comment

Myoak

Thanks for your reply, I was just getting worried as this is the longest a flu has hung around. I know the last medication was on lowered my white cells, made an appointment with my GP but he is away for three weeks. If I'm no better when I finish this lot of antibiotics I will go back to see another GP at the clinic.

Trying my best to get my body in reasonable health before I attempt another MS drug. Wouldn't think my Neurologist would start me on Gilenya untill I have fully recovered from this flu.

Just thought maybe a fellow member has had the same trouble with getting rid of the flu and could recommend a good way to boost the immune system.

Thank you and take care x

Comment

Working...
      X