eps and what area of the brain is responsible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eps and what area of the brain is responsible

Hello, Sardi here. I'm experiencing some bad interaction btw latuda, seroquel in an attempt to mitigate this hypomanic state. I coiuld include a bunch of superfluoius info but the fact of matter is I had a bad interaction btw serquel and latuda - and the normally helpful xanax isn;t helping rt now. what part of the brain causes these EPS symptoms? Can it be pinpointed?

I am now off latuda and will only take seroquel after this washout period but I'm currentluy in akathesic hell. I've taken seoquel in the past for sleep and had no akathesic affects but I did have major grogginesss and walked like a drunk in the morning but this is not bad in comparison to this current state. I took no ap's this today and my doc took me off the latuda so it will now be lamictal and seroquel, unless it causes concerning akathesia. I had never had any w/ this but I know my body chemistry is precarious and effects can change w/ mood or possibly lesions waking up to cause trouble.

On a brighter note going off tecfidera was a godsend in terms of energy but now I believe it sparked this manic/hypomanic state. But dang have I been accomplishing a lot. :-)

3 mg of xanax tonight so this should subside soon.

Thanksfor listening to this vent.

Be well or as well as can be.

Hang in there all. Peace!

Well what is your doctor suggesting? If it is akathesia propranolol might be considered.

It is my understanding that research does not support polypharmacy with antipsychotic medications. The concern is the risks vs. the benefits when you have more than one medication hitting the same receptors in the brain. There are also concerns of increased risk for neuroleptic malignant syndrome.

Here is a decent link with information on akathesia:

http://www.cnsspectrums.com/aspx/art...articleid=3570

I hope you feel better soon.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Working...
    X