I did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it!

I just got back home an hour and a half ago from my neurologist appointment with my new neuro!

Taking the county commuter bus which has handicap accessibility was nerve-racking and scary as hell. And bumpy. But coming back was not as bad and I think I'm going to use it for a couple more things soon. Plus I think it was a deal at $37 to take me to the dr. and back in a privately reserved bus? I feel pretty privileged.

So she wants to get me on Tysabri. I have to have the test for the JC virus ASAP and she seems to think that I shouldn't worry about Time I'm going to pay for this drug. And I also figured out how to get my blood tested while fasting, which would otherwise be impossible for me to do as a hypoglycemic, and that is to use my private bus! That's the only way I can get out of the house without having anything to eat all night, is to just plan out of bed onto the power chair and I have to get back off until I'm back home.

She said that I have moderate to severe MS and I have a lot of lesions. Of course I know exactly how many I have and I kind of knew that I have moderate to severe MS is well. She said that some people can experience dramatic improvement of symptoms taking this drug Tysabri.

So I am going to be reading on here about anyone who has experience this is that was extremely uplifting to hear this possibility. And I will do everything I'm expected to do I need to do on my part to make sure it could happen. But now I'm exhausted so I have to go but I just wanted to let those who were following my previous thread know how everything went today. And I'm really happy. I'm so happy! Oh and she also gave me a prescription for Zoloft and I didn't even have to ask, she just said I'm depressed and she could see that clearly and wanted me to take this. And she also has me getting tests for vitamin D deficiency and vitamin B12 deficiency.

I hope everyone has a good night! Thank you all for your support and concern!
    ---------------
    "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Hi RockysMom,

I'm glad you made it to your neuro appointment and sounds like your ride ended up being OK, too. . It also sounds like you liked your new neurologist.

Depending on on the vehicle and the roads, it can be a bit bumpy. Once you know what to expect, it does seem to get better. It costs double what you paid (plus mileage) one way to hire a private transport service where I live. I've never used the small, commuter busses here, and they also don't provide it as a "personal" service. Sounds like you got a good deal.

Good luck on Tysabri. I'm also on it. There are some people who notice major improvements while on it, although I'm not one of them. But it is the only drug I've ever had much luck stabilizing on. I hope the Zoloft helps you, too.

Thanks so much for the update and keep us posted!
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thanks kimba. Of course it's not really a personal service, it feels more like I can rent an old bus with a wheelchair lift. But it's still a good deal for this little old town. And my anxiety about transportation is much less.
      ---------------
      "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

Working...
      X