My mind is racing, which lead to a curious thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mind is racing, which lead to a curious thought

I am watching "The West Wing" ,which I happen to really enjoy, but the episodes that are showing now are the ones where the President has revealed to one of his Senior Staffers he has RRMS. Of course the Senior Staffer goes off the hook and all but calls the President a fraud.

So my question would be this, would knowingly vote for a candidate that had MS? Of course we are more educated than the general public and are in a better position to make an informed decision.

After all FDR held 3 terms with polio. I know they are not in the same stratosphere as far as diseases go. But then you have JFK that was so heavily medicated on pain killers who knows what he was capable or rather incapable of doing due to the medications. According to all accounts he would take two to three pain pills at a time many times through out the day just to be able to function. I dare say his judgement was more than a bit cloudy a time or two.

Anyway that's it. It was just a thought that went racing through my mind so I thought it would be interesting to see what MS World readers thought.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Mainly because stress can have such a huge impact on MS, and holding that office would be stressful, sadly, I wouldn't.

That's not to say everyone who has MS can't handle a stressful job; I just wouldn't want the leader of the free world to have any medical reason goin in that might prevent them from being on top of the game at all times (although that could change at any moment for anyone elected to office). I believe it's that important of a position, especially in the world we live in today.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
    X