No announcement yet.

Fear of Heights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure The Vatican would allow scooters...check their website. But they do have wheelchair rentals.

The scooter is a great idea for just about everything else. You could even use it in the Metro Subway. Just make sure you get off at handicap exits only.

Make sure you get Airline Assistance on your way home through Customs and Immigrations. Seriously important. It is taking a few hours at some of the airports. I had a meltdown...TSA rescued me...they were wonderful and I got "fast-passed" through Immigration.

Have fun....Rome is my favorite city. If Tysabri is still going well for me, I might do another trip next year, but somewhere else.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

'll never get to go to any of those wonderful places, but I did live in Alaska for 2 yrs and loved the mountain's and the tall drop offs that were every where you drove up the mountain's. Lots of Mt. goats.Even saw one fall because it was so steep and no place to move! BUT I WAS NOT AFRAID! I was 12 to 15 then!

Now I get scare,dizzy and afraid of falling in any open area even if it is flat! Parking lot, open fields, my long drive way and even my yard sometimes! That is when I have to have 2 canes or a rollator to hold onto. I'm a big coward now! I rarely fall,But I'm scared to death I will! It is very hard for me to get up anymore and I will not let someone help me!!

But I do have a lot of problems with dizziness now that I never had before the past few yrs. When I mention it to the Drs they usually just nod their heads like ,yea that's normal!
      Sissy

Comment

I'm in the same situation, Sissy. Now I only have the memories to go to. But I'm grateful that I was able to go to beautiful places before MS struck.

That's wonderful that Europe is becoming handicap conscious. In the 1970s when I was there, we had to climb up huge flights of stairs. The villa where we lived was in the hills above Florence. To get there we had to walk up a steep steep hill, then, say Bona Sera to the gatekeeper. That was only the beginning. There was another mountain of stairs to get to,the villa. Flight after flight through the well kept gardens until we finally reached the dining room. After getting served our pasta of the day, it was another series of flights up to the classrooms.

The view was breathtaking if you could breathe after that.

In 1990' my husband and I went back to see the villa. It was abandoned. No one was around. The beautiful landscaping had gone unkept. All just memories.

Comment

Palmtree - I lived in Germany with my family in the very early 70's (about 8 years pre-MS). Got to see a lot of Europe! Thankful to my parents for that experience. My dad worked on Army and Air Force bases for two years.

Comment

I almost cry when I have to get in my truck sometimes because I get such cramps in my legs when I try to bend them! I look at curbs and judge which area in most narrow to step up.

I see people run and I wonder if that was ever possible! The last time I tried to run for the phone at work, my rt.leg seized up and I fell flat on my face and took the skin off my knee and arm. Plus my chin hurt for a week :-/
            Sissy

Comment

Working...
            X