Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else on medicaid? How much of the testing does it cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else on medicaid? How much of the testing does it cover?

Hi,

I'm new here and haven't yet gone through any testing. My dr. today brought up multiple sclerosis. Well she didn't actually say I think you have this, but was asking me questions and wondering if I have anyone in my family with MS. She doesn't want to run any tests yet until she gets my thyroid levels more stable (they're a bit low).

Anyways, I have Illinois medicaid. How much of the testing will be covered? And if I potentially get diagnosed, would medicaid cover most medications? thanks

I'm not on Medicaid yet but my pharmacist told me they limit the number of prescriptions per month. I think she said five. Since people with serious diseases like MS are taking a long list of medications she said the doctors have to give a three month supply of everything. Then, stagger them so you can get what you need. It sounds like a big hassle.

As far as testing goes, I don't know.

Comment

On Medicare

Just got on Medicare on 04/01/2014. Only test so far was a MRI. The Hospital Charged $1850.00. Medicare said to high, Should be $423.57. Of that $423.57 Medicare paid $218.40 and I paid $202.71. Sound crazy but that's how it worked out. I had the MRI during April 2014.

Comment

catloverlady

Medicare part D, is a whole new beast. I take 2 MS medications. 1) Rebif cost about $5,200.00 a month. 2) Ampyra cost about $1,500.00 a month. That comes to over $80,000.00 a year. WOW!! I contacted both drug manufactures and asked for assistance. MS Lifelines Assisted me with the Rebif. Filled out forms for assistance. 2 weeks later, I received a Grant for $0.00 copay assistance. Medicare pays their portion first and the grant pays the remaining. I pay nothing. Great!! Note: The grant only covers certain medications, there listed on their website. The Ampyra Patient Assistance Program, assisted me with the Ampyra. Filled out forms 4 weeks later, I was accepted in the program. Again Medicare pays their portion first and APAP pays the rest. I pay nothing. GREAT!! Both Assistance are good for the calendar year. Must renew yearly. The Renewal process begins 2nd week of October for assistance next year. If these programs did not exist, I could not afford them. I hope this helped you. You can E-Mail me if need more info. Bye. ChristopherG

Comment

Palmtree

Hello palmtree, catlover80 had the same question. I replied to catlover80, It's a lengthily replay, so please view my reply to catlover80. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Bye. ChristopherG.

Comment

Hello, I wish you the best and hopefully your thyroid is what is causing your troubles and they get it fixed!

I went on Colorado Medicaid January of this year. They have covered all of my visits to my neurologist and primary care. The trick is finding the right place that accepts it.

I currently am taking Gileyena, a switch from copaxone. Medicaid denied my G, due to the fact that I was taking Copaxone. It didn't matter the Dr had changed it. However I was able to get approved through their patient assistance program for 12 months and hopefully after that, they approve it!

Anyway GOOD LUCK hope I was able to help!
            Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Comment

Working...
            X