PPMSers...How have you "progressed"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPMSers...How have you "progressed"?

Since being diagnosed those year, my Neuro has said there is no way to predict how fast or slow the progression of symptoms may be. Obviously, everyone is different.

For me, I have started to loose my balance, twitching regularly and for the past 13 days, not been able to do the "sobriety" test. I find myself bumping into walls and my legs getting weaker and sore. This has all been progressing since April this year.

So, how have you progressed? Steadily, slowly...not for years..or overnight...

Perspective would be nice to hear.

One of the ways I track myself is by marking my status on the Kurtzke scale. In summer of 2012 I was about a 5.5, summer of 2013 about a 6.5, now I'm about an 8.0
    Seattle, WA
    Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
    Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

Technically, I'm not PPMS anymore. According to my new Neurologist I am SPMS.

Anyway, Symptoms began with leg weakness, mild foot drop, balance issues. Things moved pretty slowly for about 5 years, then progressed very rapidly over the next 3 years...in a wheelchair by then. Progression kept going at far too rapid rate over the next 4 years. Slower than the preceding 3 yrs. but faster than the first five. 12 years in all so far.

It's very methodical, taking me one limb at a time in orderly fashion. Only the right arm keeps me going and that is slowly being taken as well.

Comment

Working...
      X