Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who is the oldest person you've ever seen/known/heard of who has progressive MS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who is the oldest person you've ever seen/known/heard of who has progressive MS?

Listening to my fears today, I know I shouldn't...
    Seattle, WA
    Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
    Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

My uncle died a year ago at 77 years old. He kept his MS well hidden. Stubborn old Italian!
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Seamsguy- I'm the same age as you. Was dx'd a little over a year ago after serious gait and stumbling problems came out of nowhere. Mostly by choice, I've done hard, heavy work most of my life, so symptoms over time may have been disguised by my being weary. Anyway, MRIs confirmed, and the neuro labeled it RRMS.

I think he's wrong or at least hedging to get me on a DMD(Copaxone). Well, it must have worked. No relapses all this past year, though before that there had never been a lapse, not to mention a relapse. In September this fall a 2+ hour MRI of brain, cervical spine, and thoracic spine showed no current disease activity.

Yet my walking continues to worsen. Have used a cane almost from the start, and grab a shopping cart whenever possible. Mostly just stay home and putter. Other symptoms come and go. I don't care much about whatever label gets attached to this. Just want to live life and find ways around the obstacles this goofy disease dumps in the way.

You're right about not letting fear control your thoughts. It's still your life to live with dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
        My uncle died a year ago at 77 years old. He kept his MS well hidden. Stubborn old Italian!
        I like to hear of people who actually do well!

Living a long time doesn't impress me and dying young doesn't frighten me if the alternative is being debilitated by this miserable disease.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
          I like to hear of people who actually do well!

Living a long time doesn't impress me and dying young doesn't frighten me if the alternative is being debilitated by this miserable disease.
          Ditto to that, I'm 28 with PPMS and that is how I feel too.

Comment

Working...
          X