How long for lesions to accumulate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long for lesions to accumulate?

I have a question about lesions and how long it takes for them to accumulate.

My original MRI 8 years ago showed 4/5, but they quickly disappeared and for a year there were no new ones.

Just had second attack since 8 years ago and am wondering if there will be lesions now. I figure after all this time there should definitely be more, but not sure if it is really about time or just severity of the disease activity. I was told lesions are always appearing even when you don't have symptoms, so after 8 years shouldn't there be a lot?

The interesting thing about MS is more or accumulative lesions are not always a foregone conclusion.

I was diagnosed with a clear MRI in 1985. In 2005 I had my second MRI. There were only 2 or 3 brain lesions but numerous (too many to count) cervical spinal cord lesions.

My 3rd MRI in, I believe, 2011 showed the same amount of brain lesions and a very countable 3 on the cervical spinal cord. 2013 and 2014 showed no changes on MRI.

Hope that helped a little
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X