When will my luck run out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will my luck run out?

Over the last several days I have lost my balance to the point where I was going to fall but there was always someone or something there to break my fall. I know sooner or later my luck is bound to run out. Just when will that be who really knows?
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

na

hello there! my advice would be just to try and brace yourself for impact if you feel that loss of balance coming on but as a preventative measure try and check with your local national ms society chapter to find out about fall prevention classes. i just attended one and it was quite informative. 1800-fight-ms. be well ok.

Comment

If it helps, this has been happening to me for years, yet somehow I've never actually fallen from a loss of balance. It is so random that I never know when it's going to hit, but I've also always been lucky and there's always been something there when the loss of balance was bad. Half the time I just look like an idiot and manage to catch myself before it gets too bad but there are plenty of times that it's not possible. Maybe it's not the best way to look at it, but I just try not to think about it unless something really bad is about to happen.
      Diagnosed 1/4/13
      Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

How about a cane?

You can help make your own "luck." Give a cane a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
          Over the last several days I have lost my balance to the point where I was going to fall but there was always someone or something there to break my fall. I know sooner or later my luck is bound to run out. Just when will that be who really knows?
          Take care and stay safe wds. I hope you can take it easy for a few days to see if this passes.
          Seattle, WA
          Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
          Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

My trusty cane is forever by my side. There are times that it helps then there are are times when it doesn't. Just the way it goes I guess.
            Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
            Babe Ruth

Comment

I just tell myself you can't fall no matter what. I, too, worry my luck will run out someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
                That would be up to you I would think.

Comment

Working...
                X